Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Tom M Thomas
Dr. Tom M Thomas, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Pearland, TX. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Thomas is affiliated with CHI St. Luke's Health - Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Tom M Thomas has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Tom M Thomas has the following 18 expertise
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Gland Issues
- Pituitary Diseases
- Weight Loss
- Thyroid Diseases
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Cushing Disease
Dr. Tom M Thomas has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Tom M Thomas is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
Authoritarian. He didn't listen to my concerns, spoke over me and was incredibly dismissive and condescending. I went in because I have at least 15 different symptoms of hormone imbalance and he basically told me "nothing is wrong with you." Then sat and stared at me smugly without saying a word. It was THE most surreal moment I've ever had with any kind of doctor in my 40 years.
I saw Doctor Tom Thomas, on two different occasions. He appeared aggravated the second time I went into his office, about my thyroid issue and even resorted to using bad language. He was rude, unprofessional and very unfriendly. I feel like it is the right thing to do to warn people about how awful my experience was with this doctor. On top of just being a very bad-mannered doctor he did nothing to help my medical problem. So I had to make the time and spend the money to see another doctor.
He appeared to be overly energetic emotionally, yet a bit rude. He was extremely condescending, especially after I had said I had seen him before for the same problem and that the problem had gotten worse after receiving the last low testosterone treatments. His empathy for my situation getting worse was a bit disturbing. I guess everyone has a bad day so I will leave it at that.
1. This doctor is very odd, his social skills are a bit off. 2. Also he likes to give up easily and says there is nothing he can do for you. I asked him how metformin worked and he replies very quickly and abrubptly, as if he assumes you have no medical background, and won't understand him anyways. He is poor at giving explanations. I was hoping he would explain my questions in more detail as to how drugs work in the body. It is my body and I should know these things, and who better to tell you than a doctor, right? So I said I do not understand and he replied "sorry". He didn't want to take the time to talk to me or help me. He was in a hurry. For what I am not sure, there was no waiting patients. Basically, I have to find another doctor now to help me and I wasted my day because he is an idiot and now I will probably be charged by him for nothing.
Dr. Thomas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
University Of North Texas Health Science Center College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsPearland Clinic, 2515 Business Center Dr, Pearland, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Tom M Thomas in this video.
Dr. Tom M Thomas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pearland, TX.