Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Tom Pepper
Dr. Tom Pepper, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Columbus, OH, with another office in Columbus, OH. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Addiction Medicine. Dr. Pepper is affiliated with Oh State Med Ctr James Cancer, The Ohio State University Hospital and University Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Tom Pepper has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Addiction Medicine
An addiction medicine specialist is a doctor who treats patients with addictions to substances like drugs and alcohol or, in some cases, behaviors like gambling. Many of these specialists also treat the diseases that stem from these addictions.
These physicians are specially trained to prevent and treat the disease of addiction via psychiatric means, or other fields of medicine like family or internal medicine.
Dr. Tom Pepper has the following 9 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Sleep Disorders
- Substance Withdrawal Syndrome
Dr. Tom Pepper is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
They took care of me and suggested that I get out of town to Phoenix, AZ, all the way from OH. This is where I found the program of NA. I met my wife there. I have been clean since 9-7-09, thanks to Dr. Pepper and his "counselors". And, the real clean, no mood or mind altering substances. Thank you to the staff.
Dr. Pepper is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Oh State Med Ctr James Cancer
The Ohio State University Hospital
43 Years Experience
Baylor College of Medicine
Graduated in 1970
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Tom Pepper in this video.
Dr. Tom Pepper is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbus, OH.