Dr. Thomas Nagel Is this you?

4.9

Have you seen Dr. Thomas Nagel?

Great Doctor!

Posted on November 15th, 2017

I saw Dr. Thomas for a lipoma on my neck. He did a great job in getting the proper tests done, diagnosing, and surgery / removal. The surgical area has healed very nicely and I'm so happy that I was referred to him. I would highly recommend him without any hesitation.

He's worth the wait

Posted on November 4th, 2016

You learn right away that you are in for some waiting time when you visit Dr. Thomas. But I think that he is worth the wait. Even in the crazy world of finding out you have level 4 cancer and the hearing about the surgeries involved, Dr. Thomas is engaging, friendly and personable. He helps to calm things down. I enjoyed working with him.

Posted on October 29th, 2016

Dr. Thomas did an excellent job with the preparation, surgery and follow up appointments for my tongue cancer. The procedure was successful, with no complications, and the follow up care has been great. I would recommend him.

Great surgeon, Kind Doctor

Posted on October 28th, 2016

Dr. Thomas is a great surgeon and doctor. You can barely see the scar on my neck. He was very patient with me during the healing process and was legitimately concerned with my progress throughout the surgical recovery process and my radiation recovery process. I will miss him as my doctor at Dana Farber.

Head, Neck

Posted on October 25th, 2016

I give Dr. Tom Thomas the highest score possible. He did surgery on a tumor located in my sinus where it was cancer had to remove the left side of the roof of my mouth. He is VERY caring, comforting couldn't ask for a more CARING and understanding dr. explains everything in detail took the time to talk. I don't live by Dr Thomas I'm from another state I would travel anywhere so Dr. Thomas could treat me. I HIGHLY recommend anyone in need of a physician to contact him.

first class, top-notch surgeon and physician

Posted on October 24th, 2016

Dr. Tom Thomas is a first class, top-notch surgeon and physician. I was actually among one of the first of his patients at Dana Farber and received the upmost of excellent care. I went for a second opinion for my tongue cancer. I had already had a surgery with most all of the cancer cells removed but I went to him to ensure everything was truly cancer free. His primary concern was there wasn’t enough margin between the bad resected basil cancer cells and the good tissue of my tongue. Not only did he grant me sufficient conservative margin but he removed “the bridge” but taking out 47 nodes out of the left side of my neck granting me an extra insurance policy that it couldn’t infect the rest of my body. Not only am I 100% cancer free but Dr. Thomas used his previous plastic surgery skills such that there is virtually no signs of ever being operated on. I have full functionality of my tongue and can taste, whistle and talk as if nothing had ever happened. The only symptoms I get are an occasional dry mouth (some of my saliva glands removed) and it’s easier to bite my tongue if I eat too fast. Dr. Thomas treated “the total body care” and kept my wife and kids constantly informed of the status and explained all procedures on the way. We all felt truly confident and comfortable with his care. Post-operative care was superlative also as he took steps for my oral care, checked up on me regularly, and practically acted as my psychiatrist managing my stress levels. I highly recommend Dr. Tom Thomas for any head, neck Otolaryngology (Ears, Nose and Throat) care.

Excellent experience!! Very grateful!

Posted on October 14th, 2016

I highly recommend Dr. Tom Thomas! I saw Dr. Thomas to remove an adenoid cystic carcinoma cancer tumor in my right buccal oropharynx area. The tumor was about 2 centimeters in its largest dimension, and had some spreading that was not seen on the MRI pictures. Dr. Thomas removed the mass and obtained clean margins. My surgical experience could not have been better. I was completely comfortable at all times. My last memory was breathing oxygen from a mask for the surgery team in the operating room at 11:00AM; then I woke in another room, wondering if anything had been done to me, as I was not feeling pain, was not groggy, was not nauseated, and felt very well. The clue that something had happened was the wall clock; 3 hours had passed since my last memory; it was 2:00PM. Soon, I was eating ice chips, followed by gelatin and then custard. This was about 3:00PM. I was then asked if I felt I could transfer from the hospital bed to an easy chair, which I was readily able to do. I saw my family and friends once settled in the chair and was discharged from the surgical day unit at 4:00PM. Dr. Thomas explained the problem and procedures very well. He listened to my major concern, which was sickness from anesthesia. Dr. Thomas most definitely treated me like an individual, not a case, or case number. His bedside manner was excellent. I live about 120 miles from Dr. Thomas, and am grateful that he was within reach to me. I know I made the right choice with Dr. Thomas. I trusted him with my life, and would again.

Posted on October 7th, 2016

Dr. Thomas was the surgeon I saw when I had to have surgery for thyroid cancer. Truly one of the best doctors I've ever had. I would recommend him without hesitation.

Posted on October 6th, 2016

Dr. Thomas provided exceptionally great care before, during, and after surgery and I will forever be grateful. Thanks to Dr. Thomas my wife and I are living a normal life and once again looking forward to the future. Dr. Thomas's straightforward approach mixed with a sense of humor and compassion lessened our anxiety and made my surgery and subsequent treatment plan doable. Also, the much less invasive T.O.R.S surgery he performed left me with barely a visible scar which is a true testament to his professionalism and many skills. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Thomas as a Surgeon / Doctor.

5 - Star Review

Posted on October 5th, 2016

Dr. Tom Thomas was very knowledgeable and answered all the questions I came in with. His staff was also very courteous and they seemed compassionate about what I was going through. He had a great sense of humor as well. The experience was great and I would absolutely refer him to friends & family.

Posted on September 29th, 2016

From the very first visit meeting with Tom Thomas, MD, he took the time to explain what was happening, how surgery was going to be needed, pros and cons of the surgery, and what follow up visits would consist of. Dr. Thomas made sure that I understood, used language that was clear, not above my head, and never did I leave thinking, "what did he just say"? The surgery and follow up visits have been exactly as described would be. I highly recommend Dr. Thomas due to his knowledge, skills, but most importantly, his caring, and understanding manner.

Highly recommended

Posted on September 21st, 2016

Clear communication; excellent treatment and follow-up. Highly recommended.