Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Tomas Ferguson
Dr. Tomas Ferguson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tripler Army Medical Center, HI. He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Ferguson is affiliated with Tripler Army Medical Center, West Kauai Medical Center - Kauai Veterans Memorial Hospital and Queen's Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Tomas Ferguson has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- HIV Infections
- Hepatitis C
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Ferguson helped me figure out where my fevers were coming from. He did a very thorough history and examination. Informed me exactly what labs were being done and why and then explained the results of the labs. I am now fully recovered and this thankfully wasn't serious. However I am confident that if it were Dr. Ferguson would have figured out what it was.
Dr. Ferguson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Tripler Army Medical Center
20 Years Experience
Sanford School Of Medicine The University Of South Dakota
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Tomas Ferguson accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTripler Army Medical Center, 1 Jarrett White Rd, Tripler Army Medical Center, HI
Dr. Tomas Ferguson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tripler Army Medical Center, HI.