- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas J Attaway has 3 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Thomas J Attaway has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Thomas J Attaway has the following 10 expertise
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas J Attaway - Posted on February 2nd, 2018
Dr. Attaway went above and beyond with my dad. He talked directly to my dad on his level instead of only taking to my mom because of how sick my dad looked. He looked at my dad as a whole, not just his specialty. When he saw other ways to help my dad outside of his specialty, he made phone calls to other physicians, spending extra time to go above and beyond. He also talked with my family directly during follow up instead of always going thru a nurse or secretary. Highly recommend!
A great GI Doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas J Attaway - Posted on January 22nd, 2011
Dr. Attaway was called in to assist with treatment of an acute case of pancreatitis. His initial visit with me in the hospital was very professional, thorough, and thoughtful. He asked clear questions about my symptoms and treatment to that point, and listened carefully to the answers. He clearly explained his treatment plan for me and made the necessary arrangements for the procedure the following morning.The next morning as I was being taken to the operating room he met me in the hall and told me he had been thinking about what I had told him I was experiencing. He expressed some reservations about proceeding as we had earlier discussed, and outlined a new plan of action, explaining in detail his reasoning. This gave me additional confidence that the right doctor was treating me.Following the procedure I felt 1000% better, and at his post procedure meeting with me he explained that his suspicions were correct, and he pursued a more conservative strategy so as not to inflame my condition. His judgement proved t be correct, and was later confirmed to me by other doctors engaged in my care.At my post-release appointment Dr. Attaway took the time necessary to examine me, share the results of my tests (including CT scans), and gave me clear instructions for my recovery. He outlined his expectations for my follow up treatment and made sure his nurse was aware of his plans, and concerns. In the weeks that followed I was regularly contacted by his nurse to inquire about my recovery, to schedule follow up lab tests, and to keep me advised of the results. DR. Attaway is a well trained, experienced and capable doctor whom I would recommend to others without hesitation.
32 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Thomas J Attaway Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- PacificSource PSN
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas J Attaway, MD - Gastroenterology in Great Falls, MT, in this video.
Dr. Thomas J Attaway is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Great Falls, MT.