Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas Hernandez has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Surgery
A pediatric surgeon is a qualified surgeon who has additional training in performing surgery on young patients, including fetuses (neonatal or fetal surgery), infants, children, adolescents and teenagers.
Because pediatric patients are still growing and developing, they are often more difficult to operate on than adults. These patients have smaller bodies and smaller organs requiring even more of a precise and measured approach by a surgeon.
Some of the conditions that may require the care of a pediatric surgeon are congenital malformations, such as cleft lip and palate, abdominal wall defects, like hernias, deformities of the chest wall, childhood tumors, like neuroblastomas and separation of conjoined twins.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Thomas Hernandez has the following 3 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Dr. Thomas Hernandez has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 15
I found Dr. Hernandez to be very kind . He explained the procedure of getting the cortisone to the knee, which I have been told can be very painful. He talked to me during the prep time and while he was giving me the injection, which helped distract me. I never felt any pain and relief came shortly after the injection was given .Ii have been pain free and am so thankful that that I can walk again. I thought I would have to have surgery to feel better but Dr. Hernandez helped me with his caring and gentle way . Thank You !!!
15 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsGRHealth Medical Center, 1120 15th St, Augusta, GA
Dr. Thomas Hernandez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Augusta, GA.