Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Toni M Otway has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
She is so rude and has no bedside manner, she acts as if your questions are futile and makes sure you feel beneath her. I do not and will not ever recommend her to another person. So far as a doctor I have had no problems but she does the absolute minimum which when it comes to my health that frightens me.
The doctor never told me about a growth I had on my ovary..until two years later. I had to undergo an unnecessary surgery to remove it. It could have been done two years ago when she initially saw it, but failed to tell me I had another procedure done at that time. The doctor apologized and said she felt "guilty" but lacked the courtesy of returning my call when I called specifically to tell her I wanted my mri results back immediately to see if my growth spread and looked cancerous. That was on a Friday morning and I didn't hear from her until Tuesday. No bedside manner and clearly not thorough. Camille is great and so are some of the other staff members. The technician was abrupt and lacked bedside manner as well.
Where do I begin? Dr. Otway must be a very popular doctor because her office is always packed with patients, all of whom are waiting to see her before you. This means the typical wait time is between one and two hours. I saw Dr. Otway during my second pregnancy, and she was so cold, so quick to dismiss me, and she showed so little interest that I switched doctors. She delivered bad news with the same tone and expression she always used, cool indifference. Whenever I had a question, she told me she didn't know the answer and sent me to a specialist who told me to speak to Dr. Otway about the results. A vicious cycle. This doctor has no compassion, no charm, and no sense of how to meet the needs of her patients. If you wish to be treated with respect and kindness by your physician, this doctor is not the right choice for you.
Office staff is friendly, helpful, and caring. Wait time isn't too bad. Dr. Otway is thorough, listens to your situation regarding your health issue; sometimes though, there's a sense that she's spent enough time, and is ready to leave the room before you finish your questions or concerns. But she is nice.
Dr. Otway is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Staten Island University Hospital
Dr. Toni M Otway accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Physicians Group, 1478 Victory Blvd Ste 1, Staten Island, NY
Dr. Toni M Otway is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Staten Island, NY.