Get the facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Tony S Das
Dr. Tony S Das, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Dallas, TX, with another office in Dallas, TX. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiology and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Das is affiliated with Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen, Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Kaufman and Baylor Scott And White Medical Center White Rock. Dr. Das has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Tony S Das has the following 2 specialties
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Balloon Angioplasty (Coronary Angioplasty)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Unstable Angina
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Laser Angioplasty
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases (Peripheral Artery Disease)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
I would never trust Dr. Das to care for anyone in my family ever again. If Dr. Das had done proper testing, my brother's blockage would have been discovered, and it could have been corrected with surgery. Instead, my brother died of an unknown blockage in his heart. This is unacceptable negligence by a doctor!
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Das is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Tony S Das accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Tony S Das in this video.
Dr. Tony S Das is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.