Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Tony B Smitherman has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Tony B Smitherman has the following 15 expertise
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Replacement
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Dr. Tony B Smitherman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
Dr. Smitherman did a scope on my knee yesterday and removed debris as well as repaired my meniscus. I also opted for a stem cell implant because I don't have a lot of cartilage left from a previous injury. He is truly amazing. I was excited before my procedure and post-op I'm feeling very optimistic. He's worth the wait if you can get in to see him. His personal staff is amazing. The front office staff needs a bit more help but once you interact with Dr. Smitherman's personal staff they make up for anyone else's short comings.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
26 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Dr. Tony B Smitherman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCENTER FOR ORTHOPEDIC SURGERY, 4642 N Loop 289 Ste 101, Lubbock, TX
Dr. Tony B Smitherman is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Lubbock, TX.