Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Toren Anderson MD
Dr. Toren Anderson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Birmingham, AL, with other offices in Birmingham, AL and Alabaster, AL (and 1 other location). He has 17 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Anderson is affiliated with Brookwood Medical Center, St Vincent's Birmingham Hospital and Children's Hospital of Alabama. He speaks English.
Dr. Toren Anderson has 4 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Toren Anderson has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Toren Anderson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Toren Anderson - Posted on May 17th, 2010
Self-verified patient of Dr. Toren Anderson - Posted on April 11th, 2009
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Anderson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Brookwood Medical Center
St Vincent's Birmingham Hospital
Children's Hospital of Alabama
17 Years Experience
University of Florida
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Toren Anderson Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Toren Anderson's office for more information.
5295 Preserve Pkwy Birmingham, AL : (205) 987-4444
101 Eagle Ridge Dr Birmingham, AL : (205) 995-1004
1022 1st St N Alabaster, AL : (205) 663-9550
1809 Data Dr Birmingham, AL : (205) 987-4444
Locations & Directions
Dr. Toren Anderson is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Birmingham, AL.