Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Torin J Cunningham has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Bone Fracture
- Knee Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Sports Medicine
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Back Injuries
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Joint Replacement
Showing 5 of 13
I've had the privilege of working with a variety of neurosurgeons across the US and being on the surgical team with Dr.Cunningham was such a pleasure!!! Not only is he a great person outside of his work, but he also fulfills the moral obligation of being a GREAT medical leader. Highly recommend his services!!!
We took our daughter at 3 weeks old to Dr Cunningham by recommendation and referral from Miller's Children's hospital. My daughter was born with clubbed feet. Dr Cunningham has treated my now 4 1/2 yr old daughter since she was 3 weeks old. She is doing amazing and we look forward to our 6 month visits. He is very knowledgeable and uses the latest treatments to ensure his patients are well taken care of. We normally do early morning appointments so wait about 20 min to be seen. It is well worth the wait.
We were recommended to Dr. Cunningham by our pediatrician, whom I trust a great deal. She even personally talked to the dr regarding my daughter's condition, and I was under the assumption we would have an apt for the next day. Come to find out, he was out of the office. I was assured the wait was worth it, so we waited. We arrived at the office, and it was absolutely filled to the brim with poorly behaved children, and parents who in no way corrected their behavior. We waited over an hour, at which point I asked the receptionist how much longer until we could be seen. She rudely answered we were next. After another 30 minutes and several patients later, we were called. We were put in a dirty exam room, where a nurse asked us questions about my daughter's condition. We waited another 15-20 minutes for the dr's assistant to come in, ask us the same questions, then left us to wait AGAIN! The dr finally came in, asked us the same questions we had already answered twice before, and informed us they couldn't read our x-rays. Something that could've easily been fixed if they had told us hours before. The nurse, dr's assistant, and dr were very nice, and I felt dr Cunningham was very knowledgeble, but I just can't see that being worth the stress on myself and my daughter to return. It's a shame.
We have been to this office three times. We have waited over an hour each visit. I have a disabled daughter and waited almost 3 hours the first visit. Requested a first appointment the next time and still waited over an hour. The wait is worse than an ER.You also cannot get a live person to answer the phone to set up an appointment. I have been trying to set up an appointment for a visit for over an hour and have been kept on hold and disconnected twice. The doctors seem fine but they need to get it together in the front office and wait times. Stuck with an HMO so I have no other choice but to be tortured by this office!
- University Of California San Diego School Of Medicine
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Torin J Cunningham accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Torin J Cunningham in this video.
Dr. Torin J Cunningham is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Long Beach, CA.