Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Torrence J Stepteau
Dr. Torrence J Stepteau, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fort Worth, TX, with other offices in Southlake, TX and Fort Worth, TX . He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine. Dr. Stepteau is affiliated with Baylor Scott And White Medical Center White Rock, Baylor Scott And White Medical Center Garland and Baylor Medical Center At Frisco. Dr. Stepteau has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Torrence J Stepteau has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
Dr. Torrence J Stepteau has the following 17 expertise
- Facial Pain
- Back Pain
- Sleep Disorders
- Spinal Stenosis
- Neck Pain
- Compression Fractures
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Shoulder Pain
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Pelvic Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Acute Pain
- Herniated Disc
- Cancer Pain
Dr. Torrence J Stepteau has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Torrence J Stepteau is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 6
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Stepteau is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
Meharry Medical College
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Torrence J Stepteau accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Torrence J Stepteau is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Worth, TX.