Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Toshio Yamauchi has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 29
I love Dr. Yamauchi he has the most gentle approach. He is just a kind soul and was meant to work with babies and children. I am heartbroken that my new insurance does not work with him and am dreading finding another Pedi b/c I know I will not find one as kind and loving as him. I miss you already Dr. Y!!! I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a GREAT PEDI!! You will not be dissapointed.
We love Dr. Yamauchi! We have been with him 11 years and going! I would give him 10 stars out of 5!!! We even had a change in insurance but still go to him. He takes the time needed to address concerns and thoroughly explain the diagnosis and treatment. My kids are getting older and will soon transition and we will miss him.
dr.y is so caring with his patients. I love that he is conservative about giving medication. I love the lead nurse Ericka, she is very knowledgeable when I need advice for my kids. It has been a bit busy with the new dr in the office but they always let us know what is going on as far as wait times. Love them!
Wait time and appointment was good. The reception and billing are good. There are 2 nurses that serve us normally. the senior one was really nice. She is caring and provide professional care. The junior one (caucasian big women) is really bad. She made 3 wrong measurement for my son, not friendly, bad... we are considering changing the doctor office... Doctor is good but not too patient for the new parent... i guess speed is the key eventhough we pay a lot for the service...my recommendation is to make all questions you have ready...
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2009, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2015, 2016, 2014, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
39 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Toshio Yamauchi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsToshio Yamauchi Md, 16651 Southwest Fwy Ste 150, Sugar Land, TX
Dr. Toshio Yamauchi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sugar Land, TX.