Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Toufik P Farkouh
Dr. Toufik P Farkouh, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Utica, NY. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Farkouh is affiliated with Rome Memorial Hospital and St Elizabeth Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Toufik P Farkouh has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Thyroid Diseases
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Pituitary Diseases
- Gland Issues
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Parathyroid Diseases
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Cushing Disease
- Addison Disease
- Pregnancy Complications
Showing 5 of 27
He talks to you more like you on trial and he is the attorney telling you to answer only yes or no. Told me not to look at things on line if I had questions to ask him. Would like to know when it would have been safe to. I know the very first time I saw him I did not like him. When I did have a very important question in regards to finding out that with my condition I could go into a coma...As I went to ask he received a phone call, told me he had to leave and ask the question next time I see him. I really cannot even to explain to you just how rude he is. I can tell you that I left there so upset. I just don't get how someone like him can be working in the healthcare field. He may know his stuff, but needs some counseling on how to treat people. I think with his knowledge he should be sharing just what your condition is and you should not have to ask all the questions. I know I could not think with how rude he was of questions that I may have had. I was shocked to see the first several comments on here with 5 stars and compliments. What they were saying were far from the same person that I have seen. Did someone do those to help him or did they see him in a good mood? The lady that did the scheduling was nice. I commented to her on how rude he was because I needed to vent on how upset he made me and when doing so another lady in the office over heard me and she came over and attacked me telling me if that I was not happy that I could go else where. Must have been his Wife or something. I was so upset and frustrated when I left there I wanted to cry. Would not recommend if you want to be treated like a person should be treated.
Dr. Farkouh is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
University Of Aleppo
Graduated in 1985
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Toufik P Farkouh accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFaxton-St Luke's Hospital-St Luke's Campus, 1656 Champlin Ave, Utica, NY
Dr. Toufik P Farkouh is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Utica, NY.