3.6

Have you seen Dr. Tracey T Hughes?

Helped, when others refused

Dr. Hughes helped my mom, after several other doctors refused or were not been able to help. My mom is 87. Do not know, what we would do, if not her.

Horrible, Horrible experience

Spent the last year and a half w/ Hughes as my GYN. She performed laparoscopic surgery three times in 14 months telling me the pain I was experiencing was cysts on my left ovary. Went to her office earlier this week, my appt was at 11:30, I arrived at 11:15. Was brought into doctors room by a very nice nurse with my fiancé and spent two hours waiting for her(Hughes) to come in. By 1:40 she finally walked in and spent 10 minutes with me. She did a pelvic exam within the first two minutes and then tells me the pain is not coming from your ovary, it's your uterus and you have a disease inside of it, and only way we can definitively tell if it's this is to perform a hysterectomy. I'm 25 with no kids yet so that's not a option. She then tells me I ONLY have two other choices and that I can see a different doctor if I want to get another opionion. I say of course I want a second opinion, that's when I'm told she won't give me pain medication and that she gave me two options and I HAVE to choose one or the other. I was so shocked I didn't have time in that measly 10 mins to even think of questions to ask her before she leaves the room. I, of course want a 2nd opinion before I go and just let her put me on medication I may not need seeing as after 1 1/2 years she has made me believe the pain is my ovary and within ten minutes it's now something even worse I will have to deal with...I'm in so much pain and have already spent a day in the ER because of pain once this month. It's not how I want to spend my day but when you're in such discomfort and agony it's the only option you have. I have read many reviews about her and they are mostly horrible and back my feelings about her as a professional Doctor. She is so rude and dismissive and seems like a very very bitter mean old woman. I do not whatsoever recommend this person. She is truly the most disgusting excuse for a doctor I've ever come across.

run

Was referred to tracey after my normal gyn couldn't figure out the problem a couple years ago. The waiting room was clean, staff was pleasant. Tracey walked in the room, didn't introduce herself. 'I'm scheduling you for surgery tomorrow' no explanation for why. no other options. No speculation on what my problem was. but I needed surgery. tomorrow. Decided to reschedule, and get a second opinion. When she found out about me seeing another dr, she got pretty rude. I was guilt tripped and berated into going through a surgery. Found out, she did nothing but 'explore', yet I was billed for numerous surgeries. She swore up and down she never gave me an endometrial ablasion, but why was my insurance billed for it, and why was the aftercare for it included in my post op pamphlet pack?

Dr Hughes is the best! She is down to earth and makes you feel comfortable! She always takes time to address concerns. She took tie to look at a mole on my back and advised me to attend to it w/ my PCP ASAP, it turned out to be a melanoma and today I am a cancer survivor .

I hate the fact i have been a patient of tracy for 7 years yet the older i get the more issues i have. I have spent alot of money waiting for answers yet never get any. Never once has she shown any compassion. For being such a young doctor with no real care for your patients whom put all faith in you, to me does not make you a good doctor. Currently seeking nee doctor in which brought me to this page. Yet seeing tracy on this page and vance inwhich he delivered me makes me feel better.

doesn't seem to care

My first experience with Dr. Hughes was a colposcopy. Though she seemed a little brusque she performed the procedure well, as far as I could tell. It did seem more painful that a previous experience but perhaps that was because my fibroids had grown.She then performed an endometrial ablation as a measure to stop excessive bleeding. It didn't work and I had some very frightening experiences of severe bloating and near-hemorrhaging afterward. All she had to say was, "That's not typical."

She's great!

Dr. Hughes is fantastic. Very methodical and bright, with great resources. I would recommend her to anyone needing a gyn.That said, if you need coddling and hugs when you go in for a visit...you're not going to get it. She's no longer with Vance Aloupis but can be found at EMMC at Gynecology Associates. Wait times are insignificant and staff is super friendly. She runs a tight ship there.

don't let this doctor operate on you

worse doctor to do surgery's,she does not observe the situation while she has u open and cuts other organs and then will have u keep going back for more surgery's cuz she missed something or would not remove it during the 1st surgery.don't let her operate on u. and her manner's and patiant care really suxs

Dr. Hughes bed side manners

Dr. Hughes was incredibly disrespectful and quick to judge at my appointment. She appeared irritated at my questions, and seemed to have made a diagnostic decision before even speaking to me. Additional information not included on my chart did not seem to be taken into consideration.

Dr. Tracey T Hughes is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Bangor, ME.