Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Traci L White has the following 2 specialties
- Addiction Medicine
An addiction medicine specialist is a doctor who treats patients with addictions to substances like drugs and alcohol or, in some cases, behaviors like gambling. Many of these specialists also treat the diseases that stem from these addictions.
These physicians are specially trained to prevent and treat the disease of addiction via psychiatric means, or other fields of medicine like family or internal medicine.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
Showing 5 of 10
She is definitely not lazy; she jumped right into my case. However, she didn't like it when I asked questions; she didn't feel I needed to know about my own care -- she actually scolded me for asking questions to better understand what test results meant and the implications. After about 12 appointments, I didn't see her again after the "Scolding Episode" occurred. Not cool.
Her nurses are absolutely rude, incompetent and a nightmare to work with. Every time I am in the waiting room I have to watch them eat take out in front of me. As for Dr. White, she is very assertive. My daughter would break down crying after every meeting because of her approach. I would not recommend her to anyone. Very unprofessional and very quick to call behavior "addict behavior."
Was able to send me to a separate clinic. "Right Step" in Dallas which helped me rid myself of a physical addiction to long-term benzo use.I was able to check (force) myself out after a week, and have never had the urge to seek out benzos again after 4 months. Honestly, that is done with. I had a bad psychiatrist that kept upping my dosages that got me in trouble and caused me to seek out Dr. White's help.Unfortunately I was treated like an addict-out-of control, when it was a very poor diagnosis on the part of Dr. White.As far as Dr. White, I think she lacks in empathy and is a bit ADD herself, and some of her staff agreed with the ADD part.
22 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Traci L White accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Traci L White is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.