More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Tracy L Shaw has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Tracy L Shaw has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Tracy L Shaw has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Tracy L Shaw is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
We started with Dr.Shaw on a recommendation of a friend. We couldn't be more pleased with her. I now have a five year old and an 8 month old and we will be going to Dr.Shaw for their entire childhood. She has so much compassion and understanding. I work with doctors and have seen how some of them can be, she is what everyone would want in a doctor.
Dr Shaw has been my daughter's Pediatrician for almost 6 years, since she was born. She is very kind and caring, always takes time to listen and never seems rushed. Fortunately, my daughter has not had any serious health issues, but Dr Shaw has accurately diagnosed and effectively treated the minor illnesses that have come along. It is oftentimes difficult to get same day appointments with Dr Shaw, but there is always another Dr in the practice that can see my daughter if Dr Shaw is not available. I have found all of the Drs in the practice to be competent and caring, so having to go to a substitute occasionally has not been an issue. I would recommend Dr Shaw to any family looking for a Pediatrician.
Dr. Shaw is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
University Of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
Dr. Tracy L Shaw accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- Wellmark Alliance Select
Locations & DirectionsPediatric Associates, 2593 Holiday Rd, Coralville, IA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Tracy L Shaw in this video.
Dr. Tracy L Shaw is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Coralville, IA.