Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Travis T Akin has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Travis T Akin has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Travis T Akin has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Travis T Akin is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I regularly get procedures/treatments done that require me to be anesthetized and I've had Dr. Akin as my anesthesiologist quite a few times. Each time is a good as the last, and he always does a thorough job of asking questions to ensure a necessary safety precautions are taken. Dr. Akin is always humble, and is a pleasure to interact with. There was one time where I didn't feel too well after waking up from anesthesia and he personally made sure that I was taken care of as far as medication goes and continuously checking up on me. He's well experienced in his field, and definitely cares for his patients. Thumbs up!
Dr. Akin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
14 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Travis T Akin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & DirectionsTejas Anesthesia Pa, 4242 Medical Dr Ste 3100, San Antonio, TX
Dr. Travis T Akin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.