Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Trent L Proffitt
Dr. Trent L Proffitt, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Albuquerque, NM. He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Vascular Surgery. Dr. Proffitt is affiliated with Baylor Scott And White Medical Center Garland. Dr. Proffitt has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Trent L Proffitt has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
Dr. Trent L Proffitt has the following 6 expertise
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Vascular Malformations
- Diabetes Complications
- Varicose Veins
- Hidradenitis Suppurativa
Dr. Trent L Proffitt is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
We met Dr. Proffitt in the ER, my husband had a large clot in his leg that was traveling to his heart, Dr. Proffitt explained the proceedure needed to save his life, drew pictures, gave us all the odds, and listened to our concerns. He went out of his way to answer all our questions, his "bedside" manner was wonderful and caring. I highly reccommend his to anyone, he treated us with personal care and made us feel like family.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Proffitt is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Dr. Trent L Proffitt accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS New Mexico
- BCBS NM PPO NM
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Presbyterian ASO
- Presbyterian Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNew Mexico Heart Institute, 502 Elm St NE, Albuquerque, NM
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Trent L Proffitt in this video.
Dr. Trent L Proffitt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Albuquerque, NM.