Dr. Tressie Duffy Is this you?

3.6

Arresting the best doctor I ever had

Posted on July 3rd, 2016

Dr. Tressie Duffy is an excellent doctor that takes time to understand her patients. I have a terminal illness and 2 other major health issues. Dr. Duffy changed my life. Every OTHER doctor I've seen for 15 years has given me very potent narcotics with little knowledge or apparent interest in my actual diagnosis, pain level or consideration for alternative treatments to help me. Dr. Tressie Duffy took the TIME and interest to treat my condition and ME as if I were an individual, instead of a case in a book. She researched my rare illness and helped find new ways to treat the symptoms, in a way that kept me from being dependant on opiates, while still providing the amount that I needed to be able to even get out of bed and care for my home & family. Dr. Duffy being arrested and going to prison for distributiin of narcotics is ridiculas. The charges are trumped up by politics and over-eager law enforcement . There's no doubt that Berkeley Countyty, WV has a problem, but Dr. Duffy is certainly not it or even a small part of it. Her only fault is caring for her patients full body, and mind, and ADVOCATING for laws that actually help those of us that NEED HER! In my 1 1/2 years as her patient I have NEVER seen her do anything other than the best she can for any of her patients She is the type of doctor that spent evenings and weekends attending countless seminars in an effort to better herself and learn all the latest technology/science to provide a level of care that you just cannot find these days. Last thing- this doctor that was arrested for illegally distributing narcotics she is the ONLY DOCTOR in 15 years of pain management and family medicine that was able (or even tried) to help me STOP taking narcotics for 6 months. This arrest and prison sentence is a witch hunt and the police should really focus their attention to the drug dealers in Berkeley County that are out selling heroin to our children (latest one, mixing it with RAT POISON - causing the a brand new high school graduate. Its these types of laws, that would convict someone like Dr. Duffy, that should really be the crime.

Chronic Pain is Under Treated

Posted on June 27th, 2016

Dr Tressie Duffy was the 1 Doctor out of 14 that really heard what I had to say, prepared a long-term treatment plan for my chronic pain that didn't includes opiates, educated me on the over-use of opiates and never compromised my health. In addition she diagnosed me with other on-going issues others Drs. had just lumped into my prior health issues. She took her time with everyone so yes you had a wait but it was worth it to feel validated that all my issues were not in my head & she gave me hope for a better future for me & my family. Few things a Doctor does is more important than relieving pain...pain is soul destroying. No patient should have to endure intense pain. Dr. Tressie Duffy recognized that, doing everything within her power to do so without opiates.

Posted on December 31st, 2015

She spent a long time with me but failed to treat me she never would answer any future calls and never had a treatment plan for me I felt she just took my money and ran.how unprofessional is this I might take legal action as well .

This place is a money racket

Posted on September 19th, 2015

Duffy is clearly on drugs with her OCD and erratic behavior. Every single time I have been there I have waited for several hours the longest being 6 hours. You have to constantly argue with the workers about what your taking, the dose, how much money you owe this time, and then get to hear the doctor talk about her personal life and getting her titties motor boated. She says she does not except insurance because they won't pay her what she is worth but really its because she is money hungry and I added up what I could and she has be making at least 10-15 thousand a month. Who is going to give up that kind of money? They have constantly tried to switch my medicine around with no warning at all and I would go in for an appointment and they would be closed or have a different date then I was given. ANYWAYS avoid this place if you don't won't to be broke every month.

Whatever

Posted on May 27th, 2015

The dr took and medicated all these patients for years & years and then can no longer see any of them . Without notice patients received a phone call to pick up medical records for $25 and not referred to another dr. Now I'm sure about 80 % of these patients are with out a dr because of her or going to Suboxone clinics ! And yes she would brainwash patients to be on her side ! And NOTHING IS CONFIDENTIAL!

Posted on May 18th, 2015

Very passionate doctor .

Posted on May 5th, 2015

Great doctor. Great person.

New Patient

Posted on March 12th, 2015

I'm a new patient with Dr. Duffy and this review is based my first visit. Based on that I can say that Dr. Duffy is kind, personable and very knowledgeable. I will be back and highly recommend this place!

Posted on February 9th, 2015

Very professional doctor she was very thorough with me and showed compation for me being a veteran and not being treated right at the Martinsburg VA center.

haters will hate

Posted on September 29th, 2014

I was a patient of Tressie's . SHE SAVED MY LIFE!! I thank her for all of my success, I made it through beauty school, I was able to get my family back and be a mother to my child, and i can hold a job now and Im a productive member of society. I wasnt like that before I became a part of her program. I really truely wanted and desperately needed help. I was prostituting for drug money and i kept getting arrested. I stole, lied and cheated bc of my addiction. I had been to rehab and N.A. meetings, even jail didnt set me straight! Until I signed up for the suboxone program at wvww and I was able to go to counseling at her office with dr.Ruth (wonderful caring woman) I felt support from her when my own mother couldnt even look at me. No body is perfect. Ive done things in my past that I have to now live with for the rest of my life. Just bc you made bad choices doesnt make you a bad person. She made me realize that I am capable of so much. I was signed up for life coaching classes she was supposed to be having the first week of oct next month . This was supposed to be a stepping stone to my true dream of becomming an addictions councilor so I can help people who suffer from addiction like myself. She has helped so many people regain control of their lives and get off the streets. I think what has happened is people are mad bc they either got kicked out for abusing meds or simply not following rules. Oh, or she fired them bc they were rude employees bottom line. Haters are gonna hate, hate, hate! Now I am left without a Dr. And so are alot of people its a shame! I pray that Tressie not get in any trouble and do away with the pain management and stick to suboxone treatment. Bc I believe thats her true calling in life.

Comments regarding Tressi Duffy

Posted on September 21st, 2014

I am writing to attest that I attended a very recent several day professional medical conference, attended small group workshops with Dr. Duffy who I met at that meeting, and that she showed no signs of sedation, agitation, or otherwise erratic behavior which would suggest an active substance abuse issue. So the individual who recently alleged active substance abuse is likely incorrect and could certainly be held liable in a civil law suit for slander if this statement is deemed to be untrue and has no proof to substantiate this claim. I also believe it would be very unlikely for a physician to attend a scientific medical conference on recent research, including non pharmacologic treatment of substance abuse, if they were running a "pill mill" as unethical physicians would likely be golfing instead of spending time on a multiple day long medical and psychological research conference. Dr. Duffy appeared to be very knowledgeable about addiction treatment including non pharmacologic interventions, and apparently has attended multiple previous conferences which would again be very inconsistent with someone lacking ethics about caring for patients. She did not appear to be narcissistic, and while I have no idea about how she was as a child, did not show any signs whatsoever of a personality disorder or being "a terrible person" during my interactions with her. Regarding the mention of her father that may have committed suicide (I have no idea about whether this true as Dr. Duffy did not divulge any personal information but did make our group aware of her recent unfortunate legal issues ), this is clearly very mean spirited, likely discredits other comments made by this individual, and to use vernacular is "low-class". I have no idea about excessively office wait times as I live in a different state and have obviously never observed her office. This could certainly be true but is unfortunately common with many physicians. There seems to be multiple patients supporting Dr. Duffy and attesting to good medical care so people should not rush to judgement on her situation. I am not using a "code name" on this site and will attest to my observations in court if needed as I firmly believe in my rationale for this statement.

BEST DOCTOR!!!

Posted on August 28th, 2014

Duffy is a great doctor. She needs to sue the board for targeting her. Her crazy ex-employee (Donna) is the one writing most of the bad reviews and lying to the board. She is nuts and wants revenge. I hope they press charges.