Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Tricia A Shimer has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Tricia A Shimer has the following 11 expertise
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
Dr. Tricia A Shimer is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
Dr. Shimer's bedside manner is wonderful. She is calm, detailed in her explanations and remains positive but realistic. Her staff is awesome! The wait time isn't great but once you hit the exam room, relax! I had one less than desirable experience with a former nurse who neglected to follow up with me. When brought to Dr. Shimer's attention, I never experienced the problem again.
I would never go to this Dr again. My biggest disappointment is the fact that the was no sympathy from her staff or her after having a miscarriage. When I called the office to come in about a possible miscarriage, I was told to come in pick up form and go have my blood drawn that day and 3 days later. During that time the office never once called to check on me. I had to call them to get the results. When I did go in to see the Dr to ask questions, the nurse asked what are you her to see the Dr for today. WoW, how cold to hear that after losing my child. When I did see Dr. Shimer I told her I was disappointed that no one from her staff even called to ask how I was doing. Her response was she can't call every one of her clients. Thank god I didn't go thru a whole pregnancy entrusting this Dr to have the compassion I would hope for from a Dr. On top of the lack of heart I experienced from Dr. Shimer and her staff, I was sent an extra bill, when in fact I was paying each bill in full at every visit. The blood work alone was over charged and cost me almost $500. I DO NOT RECOMMEND DR. Shimer
Excellent ob-gyn.. I've been going to her for years, for both yearly visits and surgery. She's a skilled doctor with loads of compassion and care..
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
21 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
University Of North Carolina Health System
Dr. Tricia A Shimer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsComprehensive Womens Care, 8160 Walnut Hill Ln Ste LL001, Dallas, TX
Dr. Tricia A Shimer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.