Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Trikannad Prashanthkumar
Dr. Trikannad Prashanthkumar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sidney, OH. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Prashanthkumar is affiliated with Wilson Memorial Hospital, Kettering Medical Center and Kettering Memorial Hospital. Dr. Prashanthkumar has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Trikannad Prashanthkumar has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Trikannad Prashanthkumar has the following 16 expertise
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Endocrine Surgical Procedures (Endocrine Surgery)
- Gland Issues
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Pituitary Diseases
Dr. Trikannad Prashanthkumar has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Trikannad Prashanthkumar is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Excellent Dr. I see him for treatment for type 1 diabetes so I can't comment on his knowledge of other hormonal issues, but he knows what he is doing regarding my treatment. Never had any issues with him or his office in the 10+ years I've seen him. Only problem is getting appointments, typically takes about a month, but thats a fairly common problem with any specialized healthcare provider.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Prashanthkumar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Wilson Memorial Hospital
Kettering Memorial Hospital
29 Years Experience
Boston University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Trikannad Prashanthkumar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
Locations & DirectionsWILSON CARE INC, 1081 Fairington Dr, Sidney, OH
Dr. Trikannad Prashanthkumar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sidney, OH.