Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Troy Comstock
Dr. Troy Comstock, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Scottsdale, AZ. He has 17 years of experience. His specialties include Hospitalist and Internal Medicine. Dr. Comstock is affiliated with Scottsdale Healthcare-Osborn, Tempe St Luke's Hospital and St Luke's Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Troy Comstock has the following 2 specialties
Hospitalists are physicians who specialize in the care of patients in the hospital. The majority of hospitalists are board-certified internists and have completed the same training as other internal medicine doctors including medical school, residency and board certification examination.
Hospitalist activities include patient care, teaching, research, and leadership related to hospital care. They have more expertise in caring for complicated hospitalized patients on a daily basis since, unlike other specialists or primary care doctors, they spend most of their day in the hospital.
They often coordinate the care of their patients and act as the central point of communication among the different doctors and nurses involved in the patient's care. They are also the main physician for family members to contact for updates on a loved one.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Comstock is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Tempe St Luke's Hospital
St Luke's Medical Center
Scottsdale Healthcare-Thompson Peak
Thompson Peak Hospital
St Mary Corwin Hospital
Shea Medical Center
IPC-The Hospitalist Company
17 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Troy Comstock accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTroy Douglas Comstock MD, 5225 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ
Dr. Troy Comstock is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Scottsdale, AZ.