Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Troy E Major II has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Troy E Major II has the following 12 expertise
- Skin Cancer
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Biopsy
- Basal Cell
- Acne Rosacea
- Actinic Keratosis
Dr. Troy E Major II is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 39
He is absolutely the best. Our whole family goes to him and have for years. He spots and evaluates everything and even checks your nail beds and between your toes. He does not mess around. He is very busy and has to keep moving to see the number of patients he sees each day. If you get a brown recluse bite this is the Dr. you want to see. He has a tested and proven treatment for that spider bite. He will squeeze you in very quickly if you ever have a recluse bite. It is serious and he wants to decay around the bite.
Dr. Majors is excellent when it comes to removing tags or spotting skin cancers but he has not been able to cure me or tell me what this awful rash all over my body is! I have had this for 4 years and it is now spread all over my body and face. I have tried Allergists and am still working with them. I pray someone will be able to help me!
Dr. Major is very aggresive and not affraid to do the proper procedures quickly to make sure you are in the best of hands. He is also informative about what you need to know about your condition and what you should be looking for to better understand and know what is going on with your body. He is always nice as well as the staff.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
48 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1970
University Of Alabama Hospital
Dr. Troy E Major II accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDR TROY E MAJOR, 1000 E Primrose St Ste 340, Springfield, MO
Dr. Troy E Major II is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Springfield, MO.