Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Troy D Eckman has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
When I found out I was pregnant I was hesitant to use his office because of the bad reviews I had read but since he was the only OB in town I decided to give it a try and see what I thought after I actually tried it out myself. First visit was great! I actually saw a midwife not the dr but everyone in the office was kind and knowledgeable. I met Dr. Eckman my second visit and while he is a bit all over the place he knew my health history without looking at my chart in front of me and was very helpful with questions and referral appointments needed. Yes he is the only OB in town but even if he wasn't I would use him and his office again.
I have seen the Doctor twice....both times HORRID! I was half way undressed and he stayed in the room chatting saying "he didn't want to work today" for almost an hour. The chatting was not about me or my pregnancy but about HIM! Second experience was he said he had heard the heart beat but was frustrated that I didn't hear it. He did not take the time for me to hear it....saying he had heard it for about ten seconds and thats what mattered. Sad that he is the ONLY delivery doctor in town! I am going out of town for my delivery!!!
Doctor Eckman bills himself as a high risk doctor, yet when you visit his office for a high rosk pregnancy, you see everyone but him. They do not follow up like they should and when you call in with a problem, they tend to blow you off. Unfortunately the blowing off at times leads to a tragic result. Cocky, arogant doctors are a disgrace to the medical profession. If only one good high risk doctor would come to town, I know doctor eckman would be on the loosing end of the competition. I am personally going to throw all the resources I have into recruiting a doctor Macomb deserves.
18 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine At Peoria
Dr. Troy D Eckman accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWomens Health Center Of Macomb, 505 E Grant St Ste 102, Macomb, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Troy D Eckman in this video.
Dr. Troy D Eckman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Macomb, IL.