Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Troy D Foster has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Troy D Foster has the following 18 expertise
- Knee Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Replacement
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Herniated Disc
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
Dr. Troy D Foster has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 27
I was recently seen by Dr. Foster for a fracture. He and his staff were all very friendly and took the time to listen and answer questions. He ordered additional X-rays which were done within minutes at his office. He showed me the new X-rays as he compared them with the CD I brought him. He found an additional fracture not originally seen by the Radiologist who read my prior X-rays and CT. He was very knowledgeable and helpful. He made me feel much better about my prognosis and recovery. I left the office with the understanding of what I needed to do until my next visit and what would probably be the total outcome for my healing process and return to work. Thanks Dr. Foster...would highly recommend this physician.
I have had six knee surgeries prior to going to Dr Foster. Hands down, this was the best experience ever. My MRI was two days after my appointment (record time for me), and my follow up was shortly after that. Dr Foster took the time to explain my MRI results and to explain everything in detail. Day of surgery, I went in at 9 a.m and walked out at 1130 without crutches or even a hint of discomfort. I was walking the dogs less than an hour after I got home and was cutting the grass two days after my surgery. Relatively little pain or swelling in spite of the fact I had two tears that needed to be delt with. After 14 total surgeries, this was by far the best one ever
I HAVE HAD 14 KNEE SURGURIES OVER MY LIFETIME AND IT WAS FINALLY TIME TO HAVE MY RIGHT KNEE REPLACED. DR. FOSTER DID SO. I WAS BACK TO FULL DUTY AT WORK IN 4 WEEKS. I WENT HIKING AND BACK PACKING IN THE DOLLY SODS WILDERNESS IN WV IN 6 WEEKS. THIS IS SOME SURGEON. TRUE IT WAS A BIT PAINFULL FOR THE SURGURY, BUT IT WAS WELL WORTH IT. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMEND DR. TROY FOSTER FOR ANY ORTHOPEDIC SURGURY YOU MAY NEED.
While he can be a little gruff at times, it is only to make a point and to help his patient understand what really needs to be done for their own welfare...In the end, he is a wonderful surgeon and doctor - very caring and only wants a great outcome! Wonderful staff, too. If you have to be in this position, Dr. Foster will take excellent care of you...
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
26 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Troy D Foster accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Troy D Foster is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Martinsburg, WV.