Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Troy H Guthrie Jr
Dr. Troy H Guthrie Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Jacksonville, FL, with another office in Jacksonville, FL. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Guthrie is affiliated with Baptist Medical Center Beaches. Dr. Guthrie has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Troy H Guthrie Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Troy H Guthrie Jr has the following 23 expertise
- Lung Cancer
- Blood Disorders
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Clinical Research
- Metastatic Cancer
- Thrombocytopenic Purpura
- Skin Cancer
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura
- Blood Cancer
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Biological Therapy (Immunotherapy)
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
Dr. Troy H Guthrie Jr has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 11
I am so disaapointed that Dr Guthrie let us down when we needed him most. When my sister was dying of cancer, I specifically asked if he would refer her to Hosice sooner rather than later. When she was admitted to the hospital for the final time, he handed her off to the er doctor and left us on our own.
Was oncologist to my elderly parent. Dr. Guthrie consistently played down my parent's concerns. Even as my parent was dying, he never once spoke to the issue of palliative care, psychological issues such as depression, end of life issues, or provided any kind of encouragement---or at the very least, provide referrals. At least 7 calls from family were never answered (including when parent was in hospital). When we directly asked him to speak to my parent (to encourage/explain treatment), he told us he thought the family was better able to do so. If that was the case, we would not have needed to ask for his help, no? Would never reccommend this oncologist.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Guthrie is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
University Hospital South Texas Medical Center
Dr. Troy H Guthrie Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana HMO Premier
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Troy H Guthrie Jr in this video.
Dr. Troy H Guthrie Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jacksonville, FL.