Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Trudy Small
Dr. Trudy Small, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY, with another office in New York, NY. She has 34 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatric Hematology and Oncology and Pediatrics. Dr. Small is affiliated with Memorial Sloan-Kettering, NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell and Memorial Hospital For Cancer And Allied Diseases. She speaks English.
Dr. Trudy Small has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Hematology and Oncology
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Trudy Small has the following 14 expertise
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Cord Blood Stem Cell Transplantation
- Graft vs Host Disease
- Herpesviridae Infections
- Immunologic Deficiency Syndromes
- Lymphoproliferative Disorders
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Opportunistic Infections
- Peripheral Blood Stem Cell Transplantation
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency (Boy in the Bubble Syndrome)
Dr. Trudy Small has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Trudy Small is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
at a time of terribke anguish and uncertainty, Dr. Small appeared like an Angel from heaven. She took control of the situation immediately with great kindness and professionalism, and her ability and willingness to always communicate clearly and compassionately with us about our situation, the expectations and the necessary measures needed gave our entire family the strength/guidence we needed. She was on vacation and not feeling well when I contacted her, yet she called me right away, and arranged for us te be seen and for all tests to be done immediately . . . This allowed us to get test results in days instead of weeks /a month for a condition that needed to be treated within two months. Her speed, her efficiency and her insistance on getting results as fast as possible greatly alleviated the terrible stress we would have had of having to wait much longer for the results. She also made herself 100% available, always calling us back, responding to our emails, and sending/explaining all results thoroughly. Also, she encouraged us to ask her any questions, she sent literature so we could understand things better, and she never minded if we had more questions. Even when results showed we were ok, she continued to follow up, and she also called a great pediatrician whose practice is closed to new patients, asking him and convincing him to take us on as patients. Dr. Trudy Small is a wonderful, amazing doctor who does her profession great honor.
Dr. Small is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
Memorial Hospital For Cancer And Allied Diseases
New York Presbyterian HospitalNew York Weill Cornell Center
34 Years Experience
Upstate Medical University Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Graduated in 1979
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Trudy Small in this video.
Dr. Trudy Small is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.