Dr. Trung T Nguyen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Trung T Nguyen?

jerk

This doctor is the biggest jerk I've ever came Into contact with. I wasted my time and money! I loved the girls upfront though they were all very nice and kind to me. Dont waste time or money on this arrogant jerk.

Doctor's Response

Dear Ted, If you can be more specific with your complaint, then that would help me to be a better physician and the community to be more informed. However, with your current comment, it is so vague. How was I biggest jerk? How did you waste your money and time? Was I a jerk for saying "No" to you when you demanded narcotic treatments without justification? Did we charge you unreasonably and unknowingly? Our fees are posted and announced before the patient steps into the rooms. Our fee are $50 for adult primary care and $35 for children. The fee for testing complete cholesterol profile, salt and sugar balance, kidney and liver functions, anemia and other blood profiles are $40. Almost every self-pay patients receive a free follow-up visit within 2 weeks of their initial visit. Our office opens on Saturday. You should understand that very few clinics in the State of Tennessee can boast these statistics. Please do not mistaken my firmness and clarity of purpose as being arrogant. My primary goal is to help my patients get healthier. I realized that this may not always make patients happy.

Avoid!

I just moved to this area and found this doctor through my health insurance providers website. When I made the initial call, the woman seemed unsure if they could see me for something extremely basic and said she would call me back after the doctor was done with a patient. She called me back 6 hours later and set an appointment date for me and advised me to bring Identification. When I arrived for my appointment, the receptionist asked me to pay the entire visit cost in cash. I told them there must be a mistake, I have insurance and gave them my card. They said, "why didn't you tell us you had insurance before", mind you with an extremely unprofessional attitude. It was never mentioned or asked of me when I initially set the appointment and every doctor I've been to before I just bring the card and there's no hassle. The receptionist and the woman with her began verbally berating, yelling, and arguing with me in front of everyone in the lobby. They called me a liar and said, "we ask everyone if they have insurance when they make appointments" Clearly, someone dropped the ball and didn't. Had they asked, it's a simple yes/no question and I definitely have insurance. At this point most doctor offices would just apologize for the mix-up and work on a solution. In this case, they continued yelling at me in a manner that can only be described as shocking. I was waiting for a camera crew and a guy with a microphone to come around the corner to tell me I was on candid camera. If you want a doctor's office that is respectful, professional and understands the concept of customer service, for the sake of your dignity look elsewhere.

DrNguyen is one of the best and compassionate doctors in Nashville. He's easy to talk with and if your having concerns he does address them immediately...

interesting!

Dr Nguyen prescribed me suboxone, however he told me I had to pay cash for the medicine instead of using my insurance, and that if I did not pay cash he would cancel my prescription. He was really uncaring and unprofessional. Beware, he has an ease of setting appointments but it is due to the fact that his bedside manner is completely unacceptable.

Doctor's Response

Most patients do not realize that most insurance requires prior authorization (PA) before paying for the prescription. It is a time-consuming process that often ends up in denial for multitude of reasons. I always let my patients know that filling out PA forms is a courtesy not a guarantee on our part and that I will fill them out when time becomes available. Therefore, it's best that patients pay for their prescriptions to start on their treatments, while waiting for their PA to crawl its course. When patients request their refund on the office fee, we would cancel their prescriptions. I believe that's a fair practice. Please do not mistaken my firmness and clarity of purpose as being uncaring and unprofessional. Our primary goal is to help our patients get healthier, and that will not always make patients happy.

BAD BUSINESS!!!!!

Do NOT trust this man. He is about a dollar. He literally made me puke in my mouth looking for spots on my tongue my dentist easily saw!! He asked me how my dentist saw the area??? You are the oral surgeon, no? He gave me xrays, not explaining, my insurance did not cover them, until 95.00 dollars later. He never did diagnose my tongue condition, just a bunch of poor excuses for his lack of knowledge!!! Not to mention He makes his staff and patients suffer from lack of air conditioning. He himself even complained about it during my visit!!!! DO NOT GIVE THIS MAN any MONEY!!!! Bad business!!!!

He was unavailable when needed and quick to write prescriptions. He did not examine me. He even gave me the wrong results for my test. Lack of professionalism.

Doctor's Response

Our office has multiple providers. 98% of all requests for same-day appointments are granted. We provide the necessary examination to make the correct diagnosis. Not all exam requires a strip-down from head to toes like the TSA. Once the diagnosis has been made, we promptly proceed with treatments. It is our policy not to waste patient's time and money on unnecessary tests. We are fully aware that many clinics do unnecessary tests to boost their income. As for the wrong test results, did we correct ourselves and give you the correct results?

bait and switch

bad

Doctor's Response

This comment does not provide any useful information to our communities or our improvement. Is this a disgruntled former employee, drug abuser or a competing practice? Dr. Nguyen.

He spent 20 minutes answering my questions. I got a same-day appointment. He also takes care of my children, saving me time from running from one office to another.

extremly upset! do not visit this doctor ever!

This is the absolute worst doctor i have ever had in my 30 years of life! His staff is the main problem, they are very rude! would not let me speak to the doctor, they would tell me he would call and he never received the message to call me. His office staff reflects on him and if you need something done like referrals and appointments out side of his office. choose another doctor this one is worthless! If your looking for a caring doctor who knows his staff and cares if they are doing their job, this is definetly not your doctor, keep looking!

Doctor's Response

It was unfortunate that this patient had a bad experience at the front desk. Very few physicians in town will come to the front desk to talk with patients. This will take physicians away from patients who were already waiting in the office. Furthermore, talking at the front desk can violate patient's confidentiality. Since opening our doors to our communities in 2008, we've gone through significant customer service training. I believe it is a different experience at the front office now. Dr. Nguyen

A Wonderful Physican!

My family and I had been a patient of Dr. Nguyen for a couple years until we had to relocate out of state. Dr. Nguyen always took his time with his patients, answers any and all questions, was always concerned about how the patient felt about their health. He was very encouraging to patients to use all natural made products and promoting good health. The wait time was not too bad, but like any doctors office, there is going to be times when you have to wait more than expected. The staff was pretty nice most of the time. Getting an appointment with Dr. Nguyen was easy and he could always squeeze you into the day. His hours of operation was also very nice. Not many doctors have evening and weekend appointments. Also if you needed him in the middle of the night for anything, he would always return your calls. This is one doctor I wish I could have taken with me when we moved. Best of luck to you Dr. Nguyen and God Bless!