Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Tu Aung-Hillman
Dr. Tu Aung-Hillman, MD, BS, MBBS is a Doctor primarily located in Bayside, NY, with other offices in New Hyde Park, NY and Brooklyn, NY (and 2 other locations). She has 28 years of experience. Her specialties include Hematology and Medical Oncology. Dr. Aung-Hillman is affiliated with Ny Hospital Medical Ctr Of Queens,The, North Shore Univ Hosp At Forest Hills and Ingham Regional Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Tu Aung-Hillman has the following 2 specialties
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability of the blood to perform its many functions, such as coagulation and carrying oxygen to the lungs and tissue.
Hematologists diagnose and treat blood disorders, such as anemia, hemophilia, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Depending on the condition, hematology specialists may treat a patient with a blood transfusion, stem cell transplantation, bone marrow transplant, radiotherapy, anticoagulation therapy or medication.
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
Dr. Tu Aung-Hillman has the following 7 expertise
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
Dr. Tu Aung-Hillman is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Aung-Hillman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Ny Hospital Medical Ctr Of Queens,The
North Shore Univ Hosp At Forest Hills
Ingham Regional Medical Center
Queens Hospital Center
Ingham Medical Center
New York Presbyterian Hospital - New York Weill Cornell Cent
28 Years Experience
Institute Of Medicine I
Graduated in 1985
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Tu Aung-Hillman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bayside, NY.