More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Tushar R Modi
Dr. Tushar R Modi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Modesto, CA. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Sports Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Modi is affiliated with Doctors Medical Center and Memorial Hospital Los Banos. Dr. Modi has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Tushar R Modi has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Lipid Disorders
- Heart Failure
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- Thyroid Diseases
- Smoking Cessation
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Cholesterol Management
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Geriatric Medicine
- Pulmonary Function Test
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Skin Cancer
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Preventive Medicine
- Sports Medicine
- Women's Health
Showing 5 of 23
My mother has been going to him for over a year but unfortunately we'll have to switch doctors. Dr. Modi has a very good bedside manner, a vast a ...
When I say exceptional caregiver I mean that in more than one way he not only attends to his patients, he's there for their family too. When my mother was hospitaized we were not sure what the outcome was going to be, so for that reason I refused to leave her side. I was not allowed to stay all night in ICU with her so I slept in the waiting room, my car, or where ever. It was so hard seeing her intibated with tubes in her nose down her thoat and IV tubes coming from all directions. Dr. Modi knew how concerned I was and made sure that I was informed about any and everything that was going on with my mother, he even lent his shoulder for me to cry on when I felt the need. I am happy to say that he called in all the right specialists to take care of my mother and for that reason I have her home again and she is doing wonderful. My mother has raved about Dr. Tushar Mode for years, and now I have to say that I can understan why. If your considering him to be your physician, all I can say is "good choice".
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Modi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
Graduated in 1981
Jamaica Hospital Medical Center
Dr. Tushar R Modi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTushar R Modi Md, 413 E Orangeburg Ave Ste A, Modesto, CA
Dr. Tushar R Modi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Modesto, CA.