Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Tutse D Tonwe has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Tutse D Tonwe has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. Tutse D Tonwe has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Tutse D Tonwe is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 16
Dr. Tonwe is a great physician. He is humorous, caring and informed. I have no complaints with the actual doctors at this office, but the staff is absolutely terrible. They are rude, ignorant and always act as if they have better things to do. One woman who schedules follow up appointments acts as if she hates me every time I have to deal with her. I actually dread having to schedule a follow up. Every time I have an appointment here I always wait in excess of an hour to even see the doctors office. I have been here up to 3 hours and that is WITH A SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT. Walk in is even worse. Plan to spend the better part of your day here if you are walking in. And ALWAYS bring a book or some other means of entertainment if you do decide to come here.
Even though the wait is long in the waiting area(glad they got tv's now)and the staff is not only ignorant but rude(that's why I try not to talk to them unless I have to), but to me Dr.Tonwe is the best doctor I've been to in a long time. I've been a patient of his for the last 10-years and I've had nothing but a good experience with him as a doctor.
33 Years Experience
Wright State University Boonshoft School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Christiana Care Health System
Dr. Tutse D Tonwe accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsFamily Health Of Delaware, 640 S Queen St, Dover, DE
Dr. Tutse D Tonwe is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dover, DE.