Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Huntington’s Disease Learn about Huntington’s Disease, including risk factors and causes
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ty Abel
Dr. Ty Abel, MD, PHD is a Doctor primarily located in Nashville, TN. He has 16 years of experience. His specialties include Pathology and Neurology. Dr. Abel is affiliated with Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Monroe Carell Jr Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt and Vanderbilt University Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Ty Abel has the following 2 specialties
A pathologist is a physician who specializes in the causes and paths taken by different diseases in order to accurately diagnose an illness.
Pathologists diagnose and determine the characteristics of a disease through the study of biopsies of diseased tissue or of bodily fluids. For example, a pathologist will look at a biopsy of a skin lesion in order to diagnose or rule out skin cancer. A pathologist will also look at a Pap smear in order to check for a gynecological cancer like cancer of the uterus.
In addition to determining the cause and development of a disease, these specialists also study the changes a disease makes to a body and the consequences of those structural changes.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Ty Abel has the following 3 expertise
- Blood Testing
- Fluid Testing
- Tissue Biopsy
Dr. Ty Abel has 2 board certified specialties
Dr. Ty Abel is Board Certified in 2 specialties
Dr. Abel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Monroe Carell Jr Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt
Vanderbilt University Hospital
Veterans Affairs Medical Center - Nashville
Alvin C. York Veterans Affairs Medical Center
16 Years Experience
University Of Arizona College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsVanderbilt Medical Center, 2220 Pierce Ave, Nashville, TN
Dr. Ty Abel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nashville, TN.