Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ty P Affleck has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Ty P Affleck has the following 3 expertise
- Sports Medicine
- Binge Eating Disorder
Dr. Ty P Affleck has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Ty P Affleck is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Went in to address a few things. Was not taken seriously. It took a total of 15 minutes from the time I entered the office to leaving to get blood drawn. I addressed a total of 4 concerns and heard back on only one and it was half an answer. Totally felt like I was not listened to or no desire to even help me. the follow up was terrible in the fact that the office called and said they will mail the blood results and if I had any ?'s that I should call. The nurse should have called and touched on all the issues and questions that I had at the appointment. Waste of time and money. I will be taking my results elsewhere and let the Dr know that referred me to this place that it was not a good place to go to.
The question should be; how long was the appointment(1/2 hour!)You can tell he loves what he does. I had various nagging running problems when I went to see him. He thoroughly checked me out, told me what the problems were, what to do, and gave me handouts of stretches and exercises and it all worked! And I didn't have to stop running!
He never touched me during the exam, did a wrong diagnosis.This was the first time Dr. Affleck was available, I declined having Nancy Ladimer nurse practitioner, (who I saw before & who was prickly & closed mouth after promising to answer any question WHEN DONE; when half way done with exam, instead of answering questions, she rushed out).Symptoms: pain in abdomen, to left of belly button, not sensitive when probed (by me.) pain radiating to the rear, and sometimes down to the groin. Often level 7 of 10 pain.my questions that I didn't have a chance to ask: what does this mean? kidney stone? He thinks diverticula, recommended a colonoscopy, & I feel rubber stamped, ignoring me completely for 20 min in sight & sound of me, then did a grandstand false hearty/ buddy buddy routine.Diagnosed and confirmed later with a CT scan to be 7 kidney stones, two of which were in the ureter. the rest in the kidney.Since then I've passed Three kidney stones: 8.4mm, 3mm, and 9.1mm, lab tests show them to be Calcium Oxalate.I know, everyone makes mistakes, and who knows how his day was.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012, 2013)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
30 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
St Mary Corwin Medical Center
Dr. Ty P Affleck accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Western Health Advantage
- Western Health Advantage
Locations & DirectionsSanta Rosa Sports Medical, 1255 N Dutton Ave, Santa Rosa, CA
Dr. Ty P Affleck is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Rosa, CA.