Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Tya-Mae Y Julien
Dr. Tya-Mae Y Julien, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Richardson, TX. She has 24 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. Dr. Julien is affiliated with Baylor Scott And White Medical Center Garland. Dr. Julien has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Tya-Mae Y Julien has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
Dr. Tya-Mae Y Julien has the following 14 expertise
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Colon Cancer
- Viral Human Hepatitis
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Dr. Tya-Mae Y Julien has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Tya-Mae Y Julien is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 6
She cared for me while hospitalized, thought she was wonderful, patient, knowledgable and efficient. Trouble is I can't find her for a recall. The number they gave me on exiting the hospital is a restaurant and the number on the discharge letter just rings and rings and rings. I just found a number on this web site which I shall try.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Julien is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1994
Ucsf Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsTya-Mae Yvette Julien Md, 3415 White Oak Dr, Richardson, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Tya-Mae Y Julien, MD - Gastroenterology in Richardson, TX, in this video.
Dr. Tya-Mae Y Julien is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richardson, TX.