4.8

Cataract Expert!

Outstanding surgeon, kind person, warm and friendly with unparalleled skills. Iā€™m now 20/20 in both eyes!

I had the good fortune of having Dr. Devgan perform my cataract surgery. My existing condition necessitated skill sets above the norm. Thanks to Dr. Devgan the procedure was a complete success. I unhesitatingly recommenced Dr. Devgan with the highest accolades. You need not search any further, Dr. Uday Devgan should be your surgeon of choice.

The best cataract surgeon in LA

Got a great referral, ask around and you can believe these reviews. Dr Devgan is the real deal. Loves and excels. Look no further.

Thank you so much for my new and improved vision! 5+++ stars

At 45 years of age, night driving became very difficult for me, I assumed I needed a new prescription for my glasses. To my dismay it was cataracts. The thought of having cataract surgery at my age was scary. After consulting with Dr. Devgan he assured me that while slightly uncommon for a person of my age, this surgery was not rare and on top of removing the cataracts, he would correct my severe nearsightedness as well as my astigmatism. As someone who has worn glasses all my life this sounded just right! His demeanor was calm and reassuring. After my consultation with him, I couldn't wait for surgery! As the day of surgery arrived, I have to admit, I was a little nervous. That being said, everyone from the nurses, the anesthesiologist, and of course Dr. Devgan were true professionals and made me more than comfortable. More importantly, Dr. Devgan did not over promise! He is a true artist. The next day, I was out of glasses, and ready for driving. Now I can watch Netflix without glasses, I can rest on my side while watching and not be worried about squishing my glasses or having them jab me in the face. The best part is being able to drive safely at night again. I'm back to taxiing my kids around to dance lessons, soccer practice, etc... I give the absolute highest recommendation to Dr. Devgan - thank you so much for my new and much improved vision! Heather L.

I'm an ophthalmologist, and Dr. Devgan did my LASIK

As an ophthalmologist myself, I chose Dr. Uday Devgan to perform my LASIK procedure because he is known in our profession to have the best outcomes and lowest complications. Dr. Devgan is not only known for having gifted surgical hands, but he also trains ophthalmology residents, so he is always on the cutting edge of our field. My experience with Dr. Devgan and his office was absolutely perfect. Dr. Devgan has a fantastic bedside manner. At my pre-op appointment I met all of his staff who immediately made me feel comfortable and at ease. Dr. Devgan's surgical planning was precise and spot on. Coordinating my appointments with his staff was pleasant and flexible. I cannot emphasize enough how wonderful his staff were, and I only wish I could steal them away to work at my office one day. Any ophthalmologist would be lucky to have them! On the day of my surgery, my refraction was double checked, I was given a light sedative, and given time to relax in a massage chair in a pre-op room. Once I was ready, I was invited into the OR suite. Dr. Devgan has a very unique setup in his OR suite that allows the surgical bed to pivot between the lasers, allowing for a seamless transition for the patient between the laser for the flap creation and the laser for the ablation. As far as I know, his is the only practice to employ such a method and it is genius!!! After experiencing it myself I am convinced that this should be a standard setup at all LASIK offices. Dr. Devgan and his staff made me feel at ease throughout the procedure, which was over almost before it had begun! For me it felt like it only lasted 2 minutes from the moment I lay down on the bed to the moment I stood back up. There was no pain. After coming home and taking a nap, my vision was great! I walked to the grocery store that night and marveled at my new visual acuity. I kept waiting to feel dryness or pain, but only every experienced a mild foreign body sensation that disappeared after 24 hrs. At my follow up appointment the next day I was able to easily read the 20/15 line and even some of the 20/10 line. I felt like I had eagle eyes! Dr. Devgan nailed our target exactly because my new prescription was measured to be plano (0.00 both eyes). Goodbye contacts and glasses! I have been enjoying my stunning vision ever since. In short, Dr. Devgan is an amazing surgeon, and even his fellow surgeons think so. If you need LASIK or cataract surgery, he is your doctor. His staff is also extremely helpful and friendly and will make you feel comfortable and valued.

Very complicated eyes, Dwaynes syndrom

Dr. Devgan did both of my eyes in the same morning and I was back to work in 24 hour, he is great. I know other people who still have problems, but not me!!!

So HAPPY

Not only a truly nice man but a very capable and caring provider. Excellent staff. Excellent provider.

Uday is the best

My experience with Uday was so good that when the treatment and followup came to a conclusion, I was saddened that I would not be seeing him again for a whole year. When you consider that I flew in from Phoenix to los Angeles for the privilege, that is really something. I am very happy with the surgical results and the caring manner and enthusiasm for each patient that he shows. I chose Uday over surgeons in my home town and elsewhere in the US due to his visibility on the world stage of Ophthalmology and the level of respect he garners world wide. If you are fortunate enough to schedule your surgery with this man, you have my unreserved recommendation and know that you are in the best of hands.

I Can See Clearly Now!

My cataracts had reached the point where my quality of life had deteriorated greatly. I am 74 and tennis is my passion. I increasingly noticed that I was not seeing clearly on the court as well as when I drove my car. For the last 25 years or so, I have worn progressive glasses for distance. (not needed for reading). Blessedly, my family doctor told me she knew the best surgeon in California and recommended Dr Devgen. I called his office for a consultation and was immediately impressed by the courtesy of Danielle, who patiently went over the basics of what types of surgery are available. Not only could I have my cataracts removed, but I could also opt for a lens that would correct my nearsightedness, albeit for an additional out of pocket cost. A week later my wife and I met Dr D. To say we were blown away by his lovely demeanor and obvious expertise would be an understatement. Two weeks later, he operated on my left eye and two weeks thereafter on my right eye. Every aspect of of the procedure; the Surgical Center he uses, his follow up exams the day after each surgery, the continued kindness and competence of his staff, from David who tested my eyes at the consultation and again at the post-op appointment, to Sepi and Dianna at the front desk, as well as Karen, who handles the financial and appointment aspects of the practice. All were wonderful! I am now seeing 20-20 without glasses. Colors are brighter and images are sharper. All due to the BEST cataract surgeon one could ever hope to find. Uday Devgan!

Amazing

At 8 am Monday, I had my cataract procedure. At8 am Tuesday, I was playing tennis, and continued this activity all week with ever improving vision. Can read IPad without glasses, work on my computer, read books, drive better, see everything sharper, all without glasses. Miraculous! Bill Boyarsky

Dr. Devgan treated my high astigmatism to perfect vision

I recently had the LASIK procedure done from Dr. Devgan, and I could not have asked for a more perfect experience. Having worn glasses since the 4th grade and having suffered from high astigmatism my entire life, I am still marveling at the fact that I now have 20/20 vision. Dr. Devgan and his entire staff were absolutely professional, responsive, and unbelievably warm and supportive throughout the whole process, from the minute I walked in for my consultation to the minute I walked out with a brand new lifestyle. This has been a life-changing experience for me, and I hope my review can help anyone who is considering getting LASIK done--don't wait! Hands down, Dr. Devgan is the one you want to entrust with your vision!!

Dr. Uday Devgan is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.