Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ujwal Meka has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Showing 5 of 6
If I ever go to SMH again I will get up & leave if he is the Dr assigned to me. Most uncaring, arrogant Dr I have EVER seen at SMH. He forgetd what he tells you or either tells you something the makes excuseshe got mixed up. For Christ sake this is my life in the hands of someone who seemed not to even want to be therr, AT ALL.
His diagnosis was very inaccurate. He spent just enough time to ask the patient a few questions, listen to her breathing, and feel her belly. He did not inform the patient of his findings. He left that to the nurses who only informed the patient after she asked. The hospital records show inaccurate information regarding the patient as well. No one even treated the swelling until the patient asked for ice. It was NOT noted on the records that the patient had a swollen lip, nose, and eye that were bruising from trauma. Nor was it noted that the patient complained of back pain. Without reservation I can say I would highly NOT recommend Dr. Meka.
Dr. Meka is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
Andhra Medical College
Graduated in 1995
Louisiana State University
Dr. Ujwal Meka accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSlidell Memorial Primary Care, 2375 Gause Blvd E, Slidell, LA
Dr. Ujwal Meka is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Slidell, LA.