Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ulrich H Schmidt has the following 2 specialties
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Critical Care
25 Years Experience
Ludwig Maximilians University Munchen
Graduated in 1993
Massachusetts General Hospital
Dr. Ulrich H Schmidt accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUc San Diego Medical Center, 200 W Arbor Dr, San Diego, CA
Dr. Ulrich H Schmidt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.