Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ulrick Vieux Jr
Dr. Ulrick Vieux Jr, DO, MS is a Doctor primarily located in Middletown, NY, with another office in New York, NY. He has 13 years of experience. His specialties include Adolescent Medicine and Psychiatry. Dr. Vieux is affiliated with Beth Israel Medical Center Petrie Division, St Luke's Roosevelt Hospital and Beth Israel Medical Center - Kings Highway Division. He speaks English.
Dr. Ulrick Vieux Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Adjustment Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Vieux is an exceptional physician who treats the entire patient. He has helped me to reach my potential and find my inner voice. I would reccomend him as life coach, a confidant, and an experienced healer who can help any individual advance past self-imposed limitations. I would highly reccomend him to all of my pateints.
I dont agree with 'jason'.Dr. Vieux also is a clinical prof to many of the upcoming psych docs so unsure how you feel he is not competant. My experience and that of others is the complete opposite.He knows his stuff~that is for sure.I observe him to think first before he answers but most psychiatrists do that by nature.He is nice but also professional and I feel knowledgable.I always have lots of questions.He ALWAYS answers them no matter how crazy my questions get! (haha).
calm open person. makes you feel comfortable and at ease. very good listener and takes time to explain if you ask. I cant say that the people around him are as nice and I feel that the others are insincere but I think they are social workers.
Dr. Vieux is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Beth Israel Medical Center Petrie Division
St Luke's Roosevelt Hospital
Beth Israel Medical Center - Kings Highway Division
Beth Israel Medical Center
Whidden Memorial Hospital
13 Years Experience
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Ulrick Vieux Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ulrick Vieux Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Middletown, NY.