Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Uma N Duvvuri has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Uma N Duvvuri has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Uma N Duvvuri has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 6
The only positive thing I can say is that the office staff is very attentive. I was completely unhappy with this doctor at every visit, but I continued going thinking it was just me. The last visit convinced me to find a new doctor. I had a very sore throat and decided to go in to the office. My only complaint was a sore throat and you would expect your doctor to take her time looking at it to see what the issue is. She glanced for a second, I'm not sure what you can see in that amount of time, and asked me a few questions. She told me it was probably something I ate. Weirdest diagnosis ever! I told her I didn't think so, yet she said there was no redness. Which I am sure she was able to see in that quick second she checked my throat, right? I decided to schedule an apt at an ENT office and a great doctor who took his time with me did a throat culture. I got a call 3 days later telling me I had strep. She does not remember any of her patients, she told me it was nice to meet me for my first 4 visits. Can't she see I have been there before, or take a look at her notes?
Her staff is sooo bad. Only two ladies, one is new just sits there with a lollipop in her mouth, the other who knows what she is doing but gets overwelmed bc she is doing everything. The md office is new so NO testing. She can not properly diagnose bc she has no available of proper tools/tests. A cvs minute clinic has more available tests to properly diagnos then this office. Plus it's impossible to get a hold of her. If you want a refill on a main thence medication only she can put then through she won't allow her staff to okay it, but she takes a week to get back to the pharmacy and that's if you harass her to do it. She doesn't follow up to see if everything is okay and went well. If you have a question as to what she is talking about, she won't let you cut her off but instead she will say okay let me finish, then continues to be rude. Her office won't provide any sort of vaccine and she says it's your responsibility to get these. She's honestly no help and probably the worst md I've had. Probably graduated from the carribean.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
22 Years Experience
Meharry Medical College
Graduated in 1996
Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Uma N Duvvuri accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Uma N Duvvuri is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Northvale, NJ.