Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Uma D Gorrepati has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Uma D Gorrepati has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 8
The doctor is great but the wait time in office is terrible. I had an afternoon appointment and had to wait over three hours before I had to leave. The next time, I asked for the first appointment of the day and still had to wait nearly two hours to get in. The woman at the front desk is rude, claiming she never got my numerous messages asking for a prescription refill - I called 5 times over the course of two months. When I asked if there was a better way for me to get through next time she said "leave a message on the phone". Jerk. While I like Dr. G, im sure I can find a less frustrating experience elsewhere.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Gorrepati is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Joseph Mercy Health System
Dr. Uma D Gorrepati accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
Locations & DirectionsDetroit Medical Services, 4160 John R St Ste 730, Detroit, MI
Dr. Uma D Gorrepati is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Detroit, MI.