Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Uma M Penmetsa has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Uma M Penmetsa has the following 12 expertise
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
Dr. Uma M Penmetsa has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Uma M Penmetsa is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
Dr Penmetsa has been great. She spends time with me. Gives me information I need to make choices of how to care for my health issues. She did surgery for me and made sure a special request of mine was taken care of. She remembers me - not just my health issues- from year to year at my annual health checks.
THis is one of the useless doc I have ever seen. She should join the school again to learn gynac and woman's health. Useless and dont have knowledge at all. I have been detected by UTI , adn this doc has come to conclusion initiallly that I have INterstaller systasis. thanks to another doc who checked and told me this is infection. This doc did 10 times urine analysis and nothing worth at all... go for another, dont go just because she is south indian.
My expereinces with Dr.Uma Penmetsa have all been positive outcomes. She is a wonderful doctor - takes her time to listen and give suggestions- very caring about other people from different ethnicity, beliefs and their background. She was recommended to me by a friend and I wil highly recommend her to anyone.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Penmetsa is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Gandhi Medical College
Graduated in 1987
Strong Memorial Hospital
Dr. Uma M Penmetsa accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsParkwest Womens Health, 1820 Clinton Ave S, Rochester, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Uma M Penmetsa in this video.
Dr. Uma M Penmetsa is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rochester, NY.