Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Umesh A Golani has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Umesh A Golani has the following 9 expertise
- EOL Care
- Urinary Incontinence
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
Dr. Umesh A Golani has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 14
My mother has been a patient of Dr Golani for the past ten years. Dr Golani is a wonderful doctor ,however his office staff Jamie Heather Sarita the front office staff in general are rude and make Dr Golani's office look bad on a whole. The front office staff is your first impression and you dont get a chance to make another one . If you can deal with the rudeness!!!!!!!!! of the front office staff Dr Golani his self is wonderful.
I have to tell you, anyone looking for the Dr's we had back in the day that cared for you, took time to hear what was wrong with you, and with compassion- diagnosed you. Dr Goloni follows up with me, and I am in better health now than I was in my 30's. His gals inthe office are just as compassionate. Returning all of my calls, no matter how important. God Bless Dr Goloni, Biji, Heather Jamie & all of the staff in st Margret office of Dr. Goloni. I have been a patient there for over 15 years. I promise any new patients you will not be dissipointed.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Western Pennsylvania Hospital
Dr. Umesh A Golani accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Partner Network Plans
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGolani Medical Associates Pc, 200 Delafield Rd Ste 2005, Pittsburgh, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Umesh A Golani in this video.
Dr. Umesh A Golani is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.