Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Umesh R Patel has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
Showing 5 of 18
Waiting time excessive. Nice man but not helpful in alleviating my arthritic pain at all or leaving the door open if the medications didn't work or did more harm than good. Went to a new neurologist, having switched from one in the same group as Patel, and got meds that helped immediately. I've made and appointment go to another rheumatologist recommended by my neurologist that may help with joint pain. We'll see.
Dr. Patel has been treating my son who has arthritis he has been more then patient with him, I find his beside manner outstanding!!! If he keeps you waiting in the waiting room its because he gives a lot of time with his patients... WHAT OTHER DOCTOR DOES THAT ANYMORE? He goes above and beyond and now is treating my other son who has been diagnosed with Lyme's Disease. WE LOVE HIM & HIS RECEPTIONIST LESLEY!!!
So disgusted with the care of received by this doctor. He diagnosed me with rheumatoid arthritis in the middle of the summer. Put me on methyltrexate and Celebrex right away. While on vacation down south I had an extremely severe allergic reaction> I called his office twice asking what I should do and to have him call me. I never received a call back and had to go to an emergency room where I was treated. I REPEAT, HE NEVER CALLED TO SEE HOW I WAS OR IF I WAS ALIVE. This should have warned me but I went back. Time after time, when I questioned how sure was he that I had RA he would respond by saying "What do you want me to say?" Today, I called his office because I have not been feeling well at all. I believe I am having another drug reaction. When I insisted on speaking with him and told him my concerns, he told me to go see my general practitioner. I responded that he knew I didn't have one and his response was the same...see your general practitioner. Terrible care. Just terrible. Needless to say, I am never, ever going back and will be finding myself a new doctor. Don;t want anyone going through what I have been going through the last six months.
16 Years Experience
Ross University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Umesh R Patel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- First Health PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsArthritis And Rheumatic Pain Care Pllc, 200 Westage Business Ctr Dr Ste 115, Fishkill, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Umesh R Patel in this video.
Dr. Umesh R Patel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fishkill, NY.