Dr. Umesh R Patel Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Umesh R Patel?

Retired

Dr. Patel is very warm and made me feel very comfortable. I am always nervous when I go to a doctor for the first time. I liked him and would recommend him to anyone.

There are probably better rheumatologists out there

Waiting time excessive. Nice man but not helpful in alleviating my arthritic pain at all or leaving the door open if the medications didn't work or did more harm than good. Went to a new neurologist, having switched from one in the same group as Patel, and got meds that helped immediately. I've made and appointment go to another rheumatologist recommended by my neurologist that may help with joint pain. We'll see.

HE'S THE BEAT!!!

Dr. Patel has been treating my son who has arthritis he has been more then patient with him, I find his beside manner outstanding!!! If he keeps you waiting in the waiting room its because he gives a lot of time with his patients... WHAT OTHER DOCTOR DOES THAT ANYMORE? He goes above and beyond and now is treating my other son who has been diagnosed with Lyme's Disease. WE LOVE HIM & HIS RECEPTIONIST LESLEY!!!

mrs

Do not go to this dr if you are sick. He and his nurse are the very rude.They don't call you back and don't care. He gave me medication after telling him im allergic to it.I am filling a complaint today. Find another dr.

Doesn't care; doesn't know

So disgusted with the care of received by this doctor. He diagnosed me with rheumatoid arthritis in the middle of the summer. Put me on methyltrexate and Celebrex right away. While on vacation down south I had an extremely severe allergic reaction> I called his office twice asking what I should do and to have him call me. I never received a call back and had to go to an emergency room where I was treated. I REPEAT, HE NEVER CALLED TO SEE HOW I WAS OR IF I WAS ALIVE. This should have warned me but I went back. Time after time, when I questioned how sure was he that I had RA he would respond by saying "What do you want me to say?" Today, I called his office because I have not been feeling well at all. I believe I am having another drug reaction. When I insisted on speaking with him and told him my concerns, he told me to go see my general practitioner. I responded that he knew I didn't have one and his response was the same...see your general practitioner. Terrible care. Just terrible. Needless to say, I am never, ever going back and will be finding myself a new doctor. Don;t want anyone going through what I have been going through the last six months.

misdiagnosis

i was diagnosed with runners knee...since i have been diagnosed by another dr with severe arthritis and had knee surgery...awaiting knee replacement... very unhappy with this!!!!

"I don't know" is not helpful

If you are trying to be diagnosed, don't see him. His most frequent comment about my symptoms was "I don't know what that is". When I asked who I should see, he said "I don't know".

would recommend

Dr. Umesh R Patel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fishkill, NY.