Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Urmila M Pai has the following 3 specialties
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Urmila M Pai has the following 11 expertise
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Birth Control
- Substance Abuse
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Dr. Urmila M Pai is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Self-verified patient of Dr. Urmila M Pai - Posted on September 26th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Urmila M Pai - Posted on December 20th, 2016
This was the first psychiatrist that my daughter actually left comfortable with. She is smart, up to date with new info, and knows how to talk to a teenage girl. My daughter has had trouble connecting with her previous older, male psychiatrist.. Dr. Pai is a rare find among psychiatrists in Long Island and we are very happy that our daughter sees her!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Urmila M Pai - Posted on May 18th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Urmila M Pai - Posted on February 25th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Urmila M Pai - Posted on June 22nd, 2015
I took my 16-year-old daughter to Dr. Pai for anxiety. I think this was the best decision because I can see my daughter is doing so much better. She was receiving both therapy and medications from Dr. Pai. She is a warm and caring psychiatrists and very down to earth. She is easy to talk to and my daughter really feels comfortable with her. I highly recommend Dr. Pai.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
- Medical Univ Of Silesia
Dr. Urmila M Pai Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Urmila M Pai's office for more information.
380 N Broadway Ste 309 Jericho, NY : (516) 342-9898
Locations & Directions, ,
Dr. Urmila M Pai is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Jericho, NY.