Dr. Urmila Patel Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Urmila Patel?

My first and last visit..

Posted on April 5th, 2013

I was diagnosed with a Pilonidal Cyst 2 days ago in the ER. The ER surgeon immediately lanced it & scheduled me an appt. with a surgeon the following day. That surgeon cleaned my wound & restuffed it with gauze & ordered that I do that everyday for the next 7 days.. I live at home with my 72 yr. old grandmother & the pain is unbearable when it comes to these cleanings. She cried & almost fainted just listening through the door.. Since I knew she would be unable to help clean my wounds I scheduled an appt. with Dr. Patel, since my prior family doctor had misdiagnosed my cyst I decided to find a new one, upon arriving to Dr. Patel's office her staff was very kind.. They understood my fears and anxiety. After 10 minutes Dr. Patel entered.. She seemed rather rude & confused as to why I was in her office. I explained what had happened and why I came to her for help cleaning my wound.. That's when she said it, "If your grandmother can't clean your wound why do you think I could?", now not only is this the rudest most inappropriate remark I've ever heard from a DOCTOR I was amazed at her audacity.. I followed with, "Well considering my grandmother has severe rheumatoid arthritis & can't bear to see me go through that pain, NOT TO MENTION YOU ARE A DOCTOR & my grandmother is NOT!" I was incredibly disgusted with her.. after she refused to clean my wound & replace my gauze I immediately got dressed. She then told me I could have the same gauze in for a week. I stormed out angry & called my surgeon. The nurse said that no matter what Dr. Patel said my gauze did need changed & if it didn't get changed daily my infection could come back or my wound would heal with the gauze under the skin.. I am just disgusted with how I was treated by this doctor & her incompetence..

Posted on September 16th, 2012

I have talk to at least 10 people that will never go to her again counting me. She has no edea what she is doing she just guess.

Posted on January 23rd, 2010

Was not very sensative to specific health concerns. She generally seems to offer little information on exam findings or diagnosis found.

Posted on December 30th, 2016