Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Urussa A Jabbar
Dr. Urussa A Jabbar, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Arlington, TX, with another office in Allen, TX. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Jabbar is affiliated with Texas Health Arlington Memorial. Dr. Jabbar has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Urussa A Jabbar has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 7
Go to this doctor. She is amazing and knows what she is doing. I don't go to any doctor but her and have for the past years. I was recommended to her, and now I recommend her to all my friends and family. This doctor actually cares about her patients and wants to treat them to have a better life. Other doctors I have been to don't even compare to her. She is the only primary Doctor I ever want to go to. No other doctor will ever replace her as my primary choice. I love her and her staff. I have many health problems and she has always been able to help me.
Dr. Jabbar is probably one of the best doctors I have ever visited. She was very courteous and caring when giving me information about my health to help my health concerns, and treated my problems to completely fix them. I will never go to another doctor again. I've decided she is going to be my primary go to physician now. She is great and her staff was really amazing and nice too. She didn't make me feel embarrassed about my health concerns like other doctors have in the past. I can tell she really cares about her patients. She is the only doctor I would ever suggest for JPS to my friends and family.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Jabbar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
University Of North Texas Health Science Center College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Urussa A Jabbar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Urussa A Jabbar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arlington, TX.