Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Urvashi Bhagat has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Child Psychiatry
A pediatric/adolescent psychiatrist is a doctor who specializes in diagnosing and treating mental and emotional conditions in young children and adolescents.
These specialists study psychopathological disorders and their causes in order to prevent and identify them in their patients. These disorders may be caused by biological, psychosocial, genetic, demographic, or environmental factors, a patient's history, or any combination of these factors.
Pediatric/adolescent psychiatrists treat patients through a variety of interventions including medical treatment, behavior therapy, cognitive-behavior therapy, problem solving techniques, family therapy, parent training, psychodynamic therapy, and consultation with the patient's primary care physician or school professionals.
Dr. Urvashi Bhagat has the following 14 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Urvashi Bhagat has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Urvashi Bhagat is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 36
I had a very positive experience with Dr. Bhagat. I have seen multiple psychiatrists and believe she was the best one for me. The receptionist was kind and helpful as well. Dr. Bhagat listened to everything I had to say and was worried about all of my other health problems too. She diagnosed me in a timely manner and prescribed medications that helped. She spent the full half hour with me and I only waited about 5 minutes in the waiting room. The first appointment was harder to schedule because she is a busy doctor but all of the other appointments were flexible times and easy to schedule.
Dr. Bhagat is one of the worst doctors I have ever been in contact with. This office is money hungry, and I would avoid at all costs. The receptionist Hazel is extremely rude and it is difficult to make an appointment, seeing as they are only open three days a week. Dr. Bhagat is very impersonal and only cares about the check she is receiving. I missed one appointment, and instead of getting a concerned phone call, I received a letter in the mail for $55. Dr. Bhagat will not speak directly on the phone with you and is sheepish and anti social herself. The appointments last 10-15 minutes at the longest and she suggests you see a psychologist in addition to her. If you need a prescription you are required to pay $50 up front for a months worth. Dr. Bhagat also suggests that you see your family doctor when she is not available. If she is suggesting all these other doctors why am I even seeing her? If I could give negative stars I would. Do yourself a favor and see a doctor who actually cares about their patients instead of their wallet.
24 Years Experience
All India Institute Of Medical Sciences
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Urvashi Bhagat accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AmeriHealth HMO, POS, DPOS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Urvashi Bhagat is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Exton, PA.