Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Usah Lilavivat MD
Dr. Usah Lilavivat, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sumter, SC, with another office in Sumter, SC. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Usah Lilavivat has 2 locations
635 W Wesmark Blvd
Sumter, SC 29150
Dr. Usah Lilavivat has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Usah Lilavivat has the following 11 expertise
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Gland Issues
Dr. Usah Lilavivat is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Ten years of perfection
Self-verified patient of Dr. Usah Lilavivat - Posted on June 8th, 2018
I have been going to this practice for 10+ years. Dr. Lilavivat is very compassionate and cares deeply for his patients. He at times is a little hard to understand but if you ask him to explain, he is more than willing to do so. The staff are all friendly and knowledgeable. I have recently seen a nurse practitioner affiliated with him and she was great. I am very satisfied with my care and highly recommend Dr. Lilavivat and Carolina Diabetes & Kidney Center.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Usah Lilavivat - Posted on June 14th, 2016
Everyone was very knowledgeable and very helpful with helping me understand how to work my meter. Becoming a newly diagnosed diabetic was devastating and everyone took the time to make sure I was comfortable and understood everything by answering all of my questions and giving me a number to call them at anytime in case I had any other questions. I highly recommend the dietician, Makala's classes. They were very informative and helped me understand what I should have been taught about my dietary habits years ago.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Usah Lilavivat - Posted on September 2nd, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Usah Lilavivat - Posted on October 3rd, 2012
Left me on too much medication too long a time causing me to spend additional money on other doctors, not rescheduling appointments, not giving you the real story on your diagnosis, charging for lab results you never got, always out of town, can't get your own medical records and very non caring physician. I would not recommend to anyone.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Usah Lilavivat - Posted on September 19th, 2010
Strong Memorial Hospital
Dr. Usah Lilavivat Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Usah Lilavivat is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Sumter, SC.